Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shap

(SHAP) (spelling might be wrong...) superb

This blog only applies to people who know me, especially first aid friends, and I am just so excited I had to post it now, and it's a little out of character from other posts.

We were about to leave work when a nurse aid/counsellor came in looking for a blood pressure cuff and thermometer for a "patient who wasn't feeling well" (I know first responders love that kind of vague language).

She found that the digital's batteries were dead and I said don't worry, heres the manual, and she made a face, so I went with her. The staff brought the patient in and reacted verrry seriously to it and shut doors and blinds....the head nurse came in and looked at ME and asked for vitals....so I got right to it and took b.p. and pulse. When I said pulse was 68 he said "Whats that. fast? or slow?"......then I thought I was finished but he said Wait... Handed me a chart, and had me write it all under NURSES notes.

I am cleeeaaarrrly an African cowboy-doctor. yeeeeeaaah.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa can you put my voice to THIS post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yesss i can. that is awesome that you cowboyed those vitals. the doctor at work didn't have time to see a patient so i got to do bp and we billed for it. yeeeah. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete