Friday, April 24, 2009

Hours from Departure

I`ll regret this post later (too cheesy and personal). Oh well.

It is just over 12 hours from my flight, and I should be asleep, but family and friends know me better than that.

I`ve been writing the predeparture journal entries that should`ve been done days or weeks ago, and it`s given me a much-needed opportunity to reflect.

Things have been much too hectic, trying to get my life in order and get everything done for this trip, but now that everythings done (thats a lie. Its just too late now to worry about things that didnt get done) and everything has settled, I suddenly realize the significance of what I`m about to do.

This is something I have literally wanted to do since I was 14. My recent trip to Mississippi was one of the most rich and meaningful experiences of my life, and I expect no less from this one.

Even though all of the planning and preparation has added far too much stress and chaos to my life for the past few months, the experience is what will bring focus to my life and remind me of who I am and who I mean to be.

Look forward to writing for all of you from Gabarone.

No comments:

Post a Comment